Friday, October 12, 2012

30 Pack

So just as you thought this was going to be one serious downer of a heart baby post after another....I figured I would lighten the mood a little bit.

Sometimes your life is so chaotic and crazy you just don't have time to stop and smell the flowers.

When you do finally stop and smell the flowers....sometimes you find a 30 Pack of Bud Light holding open your baby gate.


My kids love slamming the baby gate closed over and over and over again.  So I usually put one of those Busy Zoo activity cubes in front of the gate because it's heavy enough to keep it open and it distracts them from realizing the gate they love to slam every five minutes is right behind it.

Now, don't be fooled by my son Scooty McGee who still cannot crawl or walk.  What he lacks in lower body strength and coordination he makes up for with his abs of steel and sheer determination to move anything that is in his way or could potentially slow down the scoot -- which in recent days has definitely picked up some serious speed.

Well, Mr. Muscles can move the Busy Zoo activity cube now-- which is the heaviest toy I could find in the house to block the gate with.  So, desperate times call for desperate measures, and while I don't even remember doing it -- at some point, I must have put a full 30 pack of Bud Light in front of the gate, to block it and keep it open.  (In fairness, I do need the Busy Zoo to put in front of our subwoofer where my son has secretly been shoving tennis balls, magnets, and puzzle pieces into the speaker hole).

I also noticed in taking this picture, that our beloved original Red Sox seats from Fenway park are now a dumping ground for annoyingly colored kid crap and a monkey that looks like it's waiting for the #9 bus to South Station.

Never in my wildest white trash dreams did I think the above scene would be a snapshot of my living space.

And once we drink that 30 pack down (which who are we kidding it'll probably still be there at Christmas our lives are so lame -- unless, of course, I decide to drink the whole damn thing in a moment of weakness and sheer desperation) our honkey-tonk asses are going to have to come up with another solution to block the gate -- you know....like a sweet ass Tiki Torch, RV or hibachi grill.

No comments:

Post a Comment